- Read Luke
9. Copy verses 23-25.
- What does the word "advent" mean? What is the Latin root?
- Click to see the lyrics to Joy
to the World. Then go to the bottom of the page and listen to all five days
of radio devotionals for this song. Next, read the Devotional
and Hymn Story and be sure to click on the "See More" links when they are
given. Who wrote the words to this carol? Who wrote the music?
- Click to see the lyrics to O Come, O
Come, Emmanuel. Click on the links to listen to it. Read all of the notes,
pressing the "See More" links when they are given. What are the two Scripture
references listed? Write down the meaning of the name "Emmanuel." Then watch a
GodTube montage video of a modern version of it at: O
Come, O Come Emmanuel. (It starts really slow, but picks up after about a
- Which of these two songs was written in a minor key? Which was written in a
major key? What is the difference in the mood of the tune? How is repetition
used in each of the songs?
- What is your favorite Christmas carol? Why? (Write at least four sentences.)
Sunday, December 11, 2011
Advent Assignment #7: Luke 9 and Hymns
This post is the 7th-8th grade English assignment for Thursday, December 15.